Month: January 2013

Crashed Imperial Aquila Lander – step-by-step

Crashed Imperial Aquila Lander – step-by-step

Some time ago I bought a wrecked Aquila Lander. This set is incomplete, but for 10$ I still think it was worth it.

This is how it looked like (it’s covered with an acrylic paint remover)

I’ve sprayed the base colors – VMA Sand, and some highlights with White. Red elements are painted using WMA Mahagony. I’ve added some dirt/blast marks using Vallejo Model Color: Smoke.

Using a harsh brush and some hot water I’ve removed the salt.

I’ve panited the earth with VMA: Dark Earth and Light Brown. Bigger rock were painted using VMA Dark Seagreen. I’ve covered everything with a gloss varnish and I’ve applied an oil wash.

I’ve removed the excess of oil wash. I’ve did some lining and applied the transfers. I’ve painted the rocks with black and dry-brushed them with Codex Grey. I’ve weathered the decals using sand paper.

I’ve added some pigments for earth and rust. I did some stains here and here. I’ve added the glass elements. Those were created from the transparent blister package. I’ve dusted hem a bit with an earth pigment. Finally I’ve dry-brushed the earth elements using Bleached Bone and added some Army Painter tufts.

That’s all!

Share